From Basel to Cape Arkona (Rügen). 1652 km (1027 miles) and 20,000 m (66,000 ft) elevation gain. Gravel, tarmac, old cobblestone roads, roots and sand.
Because of Covid-19, bikepacking in Germany is currently only possible to a limited extent. For Bikepacking Trans Germany this means:
- The pre-start meeting before the Grand Départ is not possible due to the ban on contacts.
- For the same reason, a Grand Départ is not possible.
- Due to closed borders to Switzerland, the Czech Republic and Poland, the normal route cannot be used. It is not possible to start in Basel. The scouts are currently looking for an alternative route.
- As of May 25th, German residents are permitted to enter Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. According to this site, there still is no date for foreign tourists
- Restaurants, hotels and campsites are open. Many restrictions apply. The situation regarding public toilets is unclear. Bakeries, supermarkets, bike shops and other shops are open. Wearing a face-mask is required.
- We expect further restrictions to be lifted in June or July and the borders with some neighboring countries to be reopened.
Where and When
Grand Départ on July 05 2020 at 8:00 in Basel (CH).
Registration is closed for 2020.
Follow the race on Follow My Challenge
This tour is organized by the participants themselves, has no commercial interest and no sponsors. We do not charge entry fees, because we believe that self-support racing should be free for all and free of charge. It is planned to set up a tracking page, for which the provider may be asking for money. Anyone can participate, whether on foot, by scooter or unicycle. However, we assume that most will compete with a mountain bike.